Homework reminders: You should have the outline for your CivPo completed by next class. I will be checking this!
Final CivPo due Tuesday, December 20. Substantial extra credit for turning it in on Friday and being prepared to present a portion of it to the class.
Annotated bibliography due by Friday, December 16.
Last day for makeup work, including lit. analysis essay re-writes are due Friday, as well!
Nov/Dec notebook checks: 1) Group brainstorming posters
2) Reflection warm-up on literary analysis
3) What does it mean to be a citizen? Warm-up
Counter-agrument partner activity: 1) Underline where the writer addresses the counter-argument in this paragraph.
2) Circle where the writer offers a rebuttal to that counter-argument.
*Answer questions 3-5 on the back of the sheet. Write your name.
3) Does the writer successfully rebuke the counter-argument? Why or why not?
4) Is the writer relying on an appeal to pathos or logos in this paragraph?
5) How does addressing the counter-argument build the writer’s ethos? Explain.
Work time on CivPo